Friday, August 26, 2011

Wow!

Wow! School is in full swing and my life just got busier than ever!!! In addition to taking 15 hours( which is in OKC--an hour and a half drive from home!) I am working full time (40 hours a week) and have my hands full with a very busy 18 month old!! Yes, life is hectic, but hey, it's worth it!! My schedule is so busy----usually I take Mondays off because these are when a few of my tests are scheduled, plus I use this time to prepare for class on Tuesday. Tuesday I have class in the city until 4:30, then its a long drive home! Wednesday I usually work from 7a-7p, then come home, play with Faith until I put her to bed, then try to study till about Midnight or so. Thursdays are my busy class days. Since I have lab at 9:30 am, I try to leave home by 7-7:30 to give me enough time to get through busy OKC traffic (especially I44) and find time to park (nearly impossible!) and review my lab before class starts. I hate being rushed and I hate being late, so I like to get there at least 30-45 minutes before class starts! I get home around 6-6:30 on Thursdays and play with Faith until I put her to bed. I try to stay up as late as I can to study. I study on Fridays, then work 7p-7a Fridays and Saturdays. Sundays I sleep after I get off work until around 3-ish, then I get up, play with Faith, and study for exams on Mondays. Then it starts all over again!
I feel awful for not spending enough time with Faith. Do any of you college moms feel that way?? I mean, I have to work, and I have to study at some point, but it just feels like I'm robbing her of her 'mommy time', which I cherish so much since she is growing up so fast :( I hate missing out on any part of her life, so I feel guilty all the time!! I know I need to finish school to give her the best possible life, but it just feels like it's unfair :(
Another thing that is unfair is the strain all of this puts on our marriage. Sean is very supportive of me going back to school, but I feel like I'm always going going going, and any free time I get is to spend with Faith. It just feels like our marriage gets put on the back burner. He knows its a short term deal, and as soon as school is over we can be ourselves again, but it just seems like there are not enough hours in the day :(
I'd love to hear from other moms/wives/students about how you manage your time. Do you ever feel guilty about not spending enough time at home??
Look forward to your responses! :)

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment